Saturday 29 November 2014

The Mysterious Paintbrush


My challenge was to write a poem
That had a hundred words
But writing poems is something that
I really find quite hard.

For a start I had no paper
So I wrote it on the ground.
My pencil broke a zillion times
And my rubber wouldn’t work.

I finally managed to write the poem
That had a hundred words
I stood up to read the words I’d wrote
But then smelt a funny smell!

It was the smell of brand new paint
I turned around and saw
A road painting paintbrush
My poem was no more.

By Peter



1 comment:

  1. A really clever piece of poetry which made me laugh and applaud your creativity Peter.
    The last stanza really brings it together

    Ha Ha
    Mr Warne

    ReplyDelete

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated