Sunday 18 January 2015

Oliver Cr's 100 word challenge



Petrified, exhausted, breathless, I ran as fast as humanly possible, for dread that this might be the end. As I ran down the twisting alleyways that made the back streets of the city I could hear the thump and bang of the iron-shod boots that the city police wear behind me. I burst out onto the banks of the river and swum across. As I pulled my drenched form onto a pavement I saw the police already halfway across so I bolted like a hare sensing danger down an empty street. I heard the bell toll signalling midnight. I fell. Confusion. Yelling. Hands grabbing me. shaking me. Alone in the dark, waiting to face the judges hammer.  

2 comments:

  1. Paddy from the Wyche
    Your work really stands out to me. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paddy from the Wyche
    Your work really stands out to me. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated