Tuesday 24 February 2015

Zombie Apocalypse



        This was life or death, miss too many shots and you would be dead; killed by zombies.  Because once they picked up your scent you were in trouble. For me, because of years of practicing with a gun using blanks, it was easy killing them. But as soon as you shot one, another would come. Many people were dying and within minutes this created more zombies.

It all started a couple of months ago when an orbiting satellite triggered a deadly virus turning people to zombies. I had a weapon to kill them though. An Ak 5C I found in an abandoned military base, boxes of ammunition and many resources.

Me and my gang set off on our motorbikes. Our mission was to detonate a bomb that would end the world after we'd escaped to another planet. The day drew on, luckily avoiding any zombies. Then suddenly a chill of fear, a zombies daylight hideout. That's why they mainly came out at night, the sunlight burnt them and they would die.
Travelling the next day we came across a house. Amazingly the house had people in,that was the first time we'd seen other ordinary people since the virus started. We invited them to join us, they quickly accepted our offer. Needing protection I offered them a pistol.
We raced off into the night aware that we had to be ready for the zombies when they came.

The first wave of carnage overwhelmed us because there were just too many. After what felt like days, though it had only been an hour according to my watch, we allowed ourselves a rest.  The next morning we set off again. It took two days to arrive at N.A.S.A, we only had a few supplies left. Grabbing as many rations as possible we primed our spaceship, setting the countdown timer to twenty four hours. That would give us plenty of time to escape earth. Planet Vonn was a secondary world where people had gone to live and that was where we were going.

5..4..3..2..1..blast off. We had made it into space and the planet Vonn was glowing and inviting in the distance. It took nineteen endless hours to reach. Five minutes after we'd landed the world we'd known all our lives, Earth, exploded. We had completed our mission, yet I felt nothing but sadness. The big welcome and celebrations did nothing to cheer me. Finally though, I knew we had arrived at our new home.

It took a while to settle in to planet Vonn with its oxygen heavy atmosphere. But my body eventually adapted. To me this planet was boring though. I missed the adrenalin fuelled fear of killing zombies. Then one day the Vonn military called me into their base. Finally something to get excited about, there were epic weapons everywhere.


That was my mission, to die. It then came to me. It was a mission that they knew I would die but they hated me and had they set a monster to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated