Friday 6 December 2013

100 Word Challenge James Taylor

AND THEN THE NOISE STOPPED.
On the night before Christmas 1941 it was snowing and I was freezing, trying to warm up in bed. I was trying to get to sleep I couldn't.
Suddenly I heard a noise. It sounded like... a siren. I tried to think it was just our neighbour shouting at his dog, but it wasn't, it was definitely an air-raid. Mum and Dad came rushing to my door and said "quick, quick we must rush, its an air-raid".
We ran to the Anderson shelter for protection and we all got in. It felt damp and muddy, suddenly i heard the air raid siren getting louder and then a whistling noise followed by an enormous bang! Then the noise stopped, that second I knew our house was destroyed.

By James Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated