Tuesday 10 February 2015

my 500 word challenge


The Herd!

There is one thing I want most in the world and what do you think that is? To be a real elephant and join a herd, don’t get me wrong I love my life; I am a little toy elephant and I live with a lovely boy called Raymond and his family.

I want to be a real elephant; I got the idea when Raymond and I were watching a show about elephants in the wild on television. Raymond’s family are going on holiday to Africa in a week’s time and Raymond is taking me too! That is when I will be able to put my plan into action.

6 days, 5 days, 4 days, I am counting down, 3 days, almost there, 2 days to go, 1 day, we are going today!

“I can’t wait!” Raymond said excitedly, I couldn’t wait either, we are in the car and suddenly I can see a huge white building; it is the airport, I know this because Raymond is shouting loudly “We are here, we are at the airport!”

After a long flight in which I thought I was going to be suffocated by Raymond cuddling me so much because he didn’t like flying,  we finally arrive in Africa, we spend a couple of nights in a hotel by the sea and then head inland to where our safari will take place.

While the safari jeep drives along Raymond and I are looking all around at the amazing animals, we see lions, zebras, giraffes but no elephants. For the longest time we drive along through the African planes, finally we spot a magnificent herd standing among the trees and long grass. I can hardly breathe I am so excited, as the family gaze at the elephants I slip off the jeep and run through the grass to get as close as I can to the huge creatures. One of the female elephants notices me in the grass and approaches me. “Did you come off the jeep?” the gentle giant asks “Yes”, I reply “I want to join your herd, I saw you on the television and I thought it would be amazing to be a real elephant in a real herd”.

The gentle elephant picks me up with her trunk and carries me over to an older, more wrinkled elephant, she explains what I want and he tells me that he has the power to turn me into an elephant, however he says the magic is unpredictable, it might last a few days or it might last forever, it will all depend on what you feel the strongest love for, the herd or your old life.

The old elephant waves his trunk around me and I feel myself growing and growing and I realise I am a real elephant at last, I can’t believe it, I walk through the herd with the gentle female and she introduces me to them all, I am so happy I wave my trunk high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated