Friday 13 February 2015

Vicky's 500 WC

It was a cold, snowy day in the middle of winter and the bus had broken down because of the snow so we all had to walk home. I strolled down the route I always took when the bus didn't come but something was different today; there wasn't the usual hustle and bustle of people walking their dogs and doing their shopping it was eerily silent, too silent to be natural. I was about to turn back and go home another way when a straw sack was thrown over my head!  
I screamed over and over for my mother yet I knew she wouldn't come. I felt my torso be lifted into the air; I shrieked even more, where were they taking me? What would they do? I stopped howling and gasped for breath. Silent tears of fear and desperation crawled down my face, how could I, a puny, innocent, ordinary eleven year old girl be caught up in all this mess? If there hadn't been so much snow, if the bus hadn't been delayed, if I hadn't had to walk home, then I wouldn't be in this mess now. Thump! I was snatched from my thoughts as I was abruptly dumped on the ground and the straw sack taken off my stiff body. I looked around where was I? There was no way we could have got there so quickly; I was in some sort of man made cave which had a circular roof and textured walls. There were steel doors on both sides of the cavern with two guards flanking each exit. I was confused; why did they bring me here I had just thought this when several men walked through the left door yet I noticed they weren't men, they had pointed teeth and razor sharp claws they had unnaturally green eyes and were too tall to be human; then I realized they weren't human at all. They were beasts!
They enveloped me in a tight circle and I knew there was no way of liberation, I estimated there to be around seven or eight altogether. I panicked, how could I escape‽ they started closing in around me; several plans were starting to form in my head but I knew they were all hopeless I tried to concentrate, beads of sweat trickled down my forehead. Nothing formed in my mind I was desperate now hoping for a miracle, when, all of a sudden a colossal creature swooped down from the tops of the domed cave, I couldn't make out any of its features but I guessed it was some sort of cross between a dragon and lizard. It made an abhorrent roar as it flew downward towards me and the other supernatural beings, the doors were flung open and everyone scattered including me, I ran through the nearest exit and plunged straight into continuous darkness. I heard the monster aggressively tearing apart limb by limb what was once my captives, I sprinted on. Was this the end...?      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated