Friday 10 January 2014

A description of Australia by Captain James Cook



I    suddenly fell on the floor. Land a’hoy shouted one of the men. Mr Cook’s men shouted; land,  land,  I went sprinting to the stern of the boat. “Get a rowing boat, we will go straight to the island.’ I shouted. As the    boat was being cautiously lowered, I could not help but be  shocked by the clarity of the shimmering 
tur         turquoise water beneath the boat.
      As my men rowed excitedly towards this beautiful, enchanted island, I knew we would claim this land for     the Empire and we would call it; New South Wales.
       Suddenly one of the men heard a noise coming from behind the enormous sand embankment. There were  some strange men stomping over the hill,  they came really close then started throwing stones at us. I gra     grabbed my shotgun and accurately fired just above their heads which scared them away, for now…

B   By Oscar Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated