Friday 10 January 2014

 A description of Australia seen by 
Captain Cook


I was knocked off my feet when the boat suddenly hit land. I clambered in to the rowing boat and started rowing, in about one minute we got on land. We could tell it wasn't England because the sand was as white as clouds dancing in the sky.

 I could see some people approaching. I knew they were native people because they were covered in strange patterns. They were throwing huge stones from the beach and threateningly holding spears. I showed them some jewels to try and calm them down, but they wouldn't be persuaded by my offerings. Scared, frightened, out of options, I grabbed my gun and shot over their heads...
+

1 comment:

  1. I like your metaphors and the cliffhanger

    ReplyDelete

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated