Monday 7 April 2014

My Friend From The Past by Johnny D.

          MY FRIEND FROM THE PAST

The 'trip of our dreams' was, in fact, our worst nightmare. Outdoor adventures, while stimulating, may also disturb! Exhausted though I was, nothing prepared for this revelation. If I possessed paranormal knowledge, then maybe I could have avoided this shocking discovery. Jumping into available experiences, never did I stop and wonder at the implausability. Crazily, I leapt into every challenge at the West Malvern centre with no fears. We dormed four in the castle wing: Cookie, Crippsie and the new pupil, Tommy. We were best friends, high-fiving on the king-swing, posing arm in arm for bushcraft photos. Tommy even got me playing midnight-tag along corridors with torches.
As I heaved my travel bag up the driveway I asked Mr Warne why Tommy was late. He stared quizzically and said, "John, you've given a name to rucksack bear already?!" With horror, I turned to see Tommy waving from the treehouse as I gazed from the departing coach window.


                      by John Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ensure all comments are appropriate to the aims of the Blog.

All comments are moderated